Virus removal, trojan removal, malware removal. Whatever you want to call it, it’s a pain in the you know what. Ballard Computes can tackle any virus, trojan, or malware problem. We can have your computer back up and running in as little as a few hours. If you haven’t tried the following steps to relieve your problem, try now. You wouldn’t believe how many of you will solve your problems by following the steps below.
Steps to successful virus removal:
These steps will disinfect most XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 machines.
- Booting in Safe Mode with Networking. (Press F8 while booting. Select Safe mode with networking. –XP,Vista,7)(press shift while clicking restart. — win8, win10)
- Modifying the Start menu. (Hit the windows key on your keyboard and the “r” key. ARun box appears. Type msconfig. Select Startup tab. –XP, Vista, 7)(Press Contol-Alt-Delete, select taskmanager, select Startup tab –win8, win10)
- Delete Temp folder’s contents. (Hit the windows key on your keyboard and the “r” key. A Run box appears. Type %temp%. The contents of the Temp folder will appear. Delete everything in this folder.
- Run Hitman Pro for virus removal. (Do this in Safe Mode with Networking. See number one above.) Hitman Pro can be found here. You do not need to purchase this. A free 30 day trial is available. Hopefully you will only need to use this once.
- Run Malwarebytes for virus removal. (Do this in Safe Mode with Networking. See number one above.) Malwarebytes can be found here.
- My secret weapon…I really shouldn’t tell you this but, ESET online scanner.
- Uninstall all unwanted programs. If Windows uninstaller doesn’t work, download Revo Uninstaller. It can be found here. You do not need to be in Safe Mode
- Check all Browser add-ons and extensions. Disable/remove unwanted items.
- Uninstall your old anti-virus. Might as well get rid of Java too. It seems to be the number one source for viruses and trojans. If you don’t need it, get rid of it.
- Purchase Malwarebytes. In my opinion, for the price, it’s your best purchase. If you have Malwarebytes, you won’t need me. Spend the 39.99 and make it your anti-virus. I really believe it is more than enough protection.
Virus removal complete. That will be 75 dollars. Just kidding. But seriously, the instructions above are pretty much what I do with infected computers. Now getting from step to step might be a little tricky sometimes. And sometimes after the infections are cleaned, there are left over problems that need to be fixed. The instructions above will be enough for the majority of you.
For those of you that are unable to complete the above steps, that’s what Ballard Computes is here for. Give us a call at 317.688.8324.